HELLO FRIENDS!! Today I am back with another milkshake recipe. Now, this recipe is more of a energy booster than a simple cooling and refreshing drink. Once anyone consumes this, that person is sure to feel full for next half of the day. Though it is served chilled, dry fruits are source of heat in the body, so if you are suffering from cold or sore throat and do not feel like eating anything, have a glass of dry fruits milkshake and recharge yourself. Dry fruits are also a great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals etc. Majority of the people think that dry fruits are full of fat and hence, harmful for the body. Yes, dry fruits do have fat but they have good fat which do not get stored in our body so having limited amount of dry fruits everyday will not harm anyone. Dry fruit milkshake is also good for people who suffer from diseases related to bones because both milk and dry fruits have high calcium content. I used fresh cream in the recipe, you can skip it out.
- Cashew - ¼ cup
- Almonds - ¼ cup
- Pistachios - ¼ cup
- Walnuts - ¼ cup
- Raisins - ¼ cup
- Dates - 5
- Dried Figs - 2 to 3
- Saffron strands - a pinch
- Fresh cream - 3 tbsp
- Milk - 2½ cups
- Sugar - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Chopped dry fruits and saffron - to garnish as required
- Soak cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, raisins, dried figs, dates in ½ cup hot milk for an hour.
- In a food processor, add in the above ingredients, sugar, saffron strands, fresh cream and blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- Pour in the remaining milk and blend again.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits, saffron strands and serve chilled.
If you want a thinner milkshake, add more milk.