Hello friends! Do you have 5 minutes? Yes! So lets do a cake then. You think I’m joking, No I’m not! The recipe that I’m going to share today takes cook time of only 5 minutes. Preparing it is a child’s play! hosting a dinner tonight? and still wondering what dessert to serve, dont be lazy, you can bake a cake in 5 minutes. I swear this cake wont turn you off, a no fail recipe. Every time I’ve done it, it came out beautifully.
I found this recipe on youtube long back. I’m a youtube addict, I mostly watch baking demonstrations and jot them down. I do not even remember whose channel was it, neither did I subscribe to that channel. Had I subscribed, I could have given credits to that channel, anyway thank you so much for the recipe anonymous. I even tried searching recently but could not find out. This is may be the best recipe that I’ve ever come across, simple ingredients, 5 minutes time and the result is a rich, moist and a dense cake. Its a treat visually as well as for the tummy.
The recipe calls for only 4 ingredients, i.e., Oreo Cookies, milk, baking powder and sugar. That is all you need for the recipe. The oreo cookies already have necessary ingredients like flour, binder, rising agent etc. in them and that is the reason the cake turns out to be so awesome. Texture of the cake does differ from a normal cake which is obvious but change is good sometimes and a change like this is definitely divine. The cake is also more fudgy rather than cakey, it can make you full very soon too.
This cake is moist, which makes it a bit difficult to handle so be careful while removing it from the cake bowl/utensil. Grease the cake pan/bowl nicely before pouring in the batter or line a parchment paper and cool down the cake completely before inverting it. Sounds interesting huh..! then dont wait, rush into your kitchen and get started. Wait wait…. I’ve not yet shared the recipe and other important details so read on!
I’m attaching below two pictures, the first one shows the ingredients used in the cake recipe and the second one shows pictorial description of the recipe. I hope these pictures will be helpful.
This is a microwave recipe so you cannot use your aluminium pans or cake tins by any means. Make sure to use a microwave safe bowl/utensil. You do not have to turn your microwave to convection mode to bake this cake, microwave it on HI POWER for just 5 minutes and you are done. I have not tried this recipe in an OTG so I do not have any knowledge about it.
- Oreo cookies with filling - 20 no.
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Baking powder - ¾ tsp
- Oil spray - to grease the bowl
- For dark chocolate ganache: Chopped dark compound/dark chocolate chips - 170gm/6 oz.
- Heavy cream/ Fresh cream (I used AMUL) - ½ cup
- Unsalted softened butter - 1½ tbsp
- Grind oreo cookies to dust in a food processor/grinder.
- When the oreos have turned into fine powder, add the milk, sugar, baking powder and process them. You will get the batter.
- Now take a microwave safe bowl/untensil and grease it with oil using a brush. Make sure you grease it well. You can also use a parchment paper to line it.
- Pour the batter into the bowl carefully and keep it in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Its done.
- Carefully bring it out of the microwave and let it cool down completely. This may take around half an hour or more.
- Before inverting it on a plate, make sure the cake has loosened from the sides. Run a knife gently, gently here means gentle enough as the cake is very very soft.
- Invert it carefully and you get it on the plate nicely.
- Garnishing the cake depends on individual choices, you can garnish it with sprinkles or buttercream or ganache.
- I am a ganache fan, that too dark chocolate ganache, so I always do it like that. For the ganache take a pan, put butter and the cream in it and keep it on a medium flame.
- Stir well and let it come to a boil. Once it boils pour the cream mixture into the chopped dark chocolate chunks/chocolate chips.
- Let it stand for 2 minutes, then stir it and mix well until all the chocolate melts and you get a smooth and shiny dark chocolate ganache.
- Now that the cake has cooled, pour the ganache over it and spread accordingly.
- You can also add coloured sprinkles on top but I did not add it because I wanted to enjoy it solely with the ganache.
- Refrigerate till the ganache sets, slice and serve.