AAM PANNA is another very popular summer cooler of India, specially in the North. It is a beverage in which of course RAW MANGO is the hero, and rest of the ingredients used enhances the taste of the drink. It is light green in color and is generally drank during summers to fight against heat. It also prevents loss of salt and water in the form of sweat from the body which means if you consume this beverage, sweating can be controlled. Aam Panna increases resistance against diseases like tuberculosis, anemia, cholera, dysentry etc. So have AAM PANNA this summer and keep off the HEAT 😀 😀
AAM PANNA RECIPE
Prep time – 5 mins
Cook time – 5 to 7 mins
Serves – 2 to 3
Category – Beverage
Raw Mango – 2 (medium-sized)
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Water – 2 cups
Mint Leaves – 15 to 20
Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala – 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder – 1 tsp
Ice cubes – 1/2 cup
- Pressure cook the whole raw mangoes with sugar and water. Don’t cut the mangoes and boil, trust me you get a better finished product when whole raw mango is used.
- After the mangoes are boiled, use your hand to separate the pulp from the skin and seed.
- Now, in a food processor add in the boiled mango pulp, mint leaves, pepper, black salt, chat masala, dry mango powder, roasted cumin powder, 1/2 cup water (use the same water which is left over after boiling the raw mangoes) and blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add the leftover 1 1/2 cups water, ice cubes and blend again.
- Pour out in glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves or mango wedges.
- Let the drink sit in the refrigerator for a while and then serve chilled!!!
- You can increase or reduce sugar according to your taste.
- Jaggery can also be used to prepare the drink, simply replace jaggery with sugar.
- I added 2 cups of water in the recipe which is fine for me, you can add more, if you want a thinner AAM PANNA.
- I prefer boiling the whole raw mango instead of peeling and cutting it into pieces. You can do it in either way. Boiling whole mangoes is what I prefer.
Don’t you think the recipe is really easy,I highly recommend you to prepare this at home before summers come to an end. The drink came out really yummy, moreover if you are a fan of tangy taste this recipe is surely for you. Why waste money outside when you can make it at home so easily and BEAT THE HEAT!!! 🙂 😀