Chocolate Cupcake is one of my favourite dessert to munch on. Cupcakes are not only delicious to eat but they are also perfect for gifting friends and family. Raksha Bandhan is around so why not share some love with the family with these delicious beauties. What I have brought to you is one of my best ever developed recipes. These cupcakes look really fancy but trust me, the ingredients that go into it are all those daily household ingredients which can be easily found in any Indian pantry.
I’m going to share with you my recipe for best ever chocolate cupcakes today. This cupcake needs a simple eggless chocolate base and rich, delicious chocolate buttercream frosting. No, whipped cream wont taste as good if you have that on mind. American buttercream is always the way to go specially when its chocolate.
The cupcakes turn out really moist as it contains oil and buttermilk. These two ingredients always lends in making super moist cupcakes or cake. I always avoid using butter which also makes the recipe economical. I have to think that way because I also pursue baking professionally. Also it won’t make any difference in the taste. Once thing which should be take care of is to use a very good quality cocoa powder. Hershey’s unsweetened and Cadbury’s cocoa powder can be highly recommended by me. Now lets move on to the recipe and see how to make these best ever eggless chocolate cupcakes.
- Maida / All Purpose Flour - 1½ cups
- Cocoa Powder - ½ cup
- Powdered Sugar / Caster Sugar - 1 cup
- Baking Powder - ½ Tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 Tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Buttermilk - 1 cup (make buttermilk by combining ½ cup milk + ½ cup curd)
- Oil (any neutral flavoured) - ½ cup
- Vanilla Essence / Extract - 1 Tsp
- Water - 1 to 2 Tbsp (if batter becomes very thick)
- For the Chocolate Buttercream:
- Softened Butter - 100 gms
- Icing Sugar - 2 cups
- Cocoa Powder - ¼ cup
- Milk - 1 or 2 Tbsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liner, keep it ready aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift all the dry ingredients, all purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix well with a hand whisk.
- Then make a well in the centre, add in the buttermilk, oil, sugar, vanilla extract and start whisking, you can switch to a spatula if you wish to.
- Mix until everything is combined well and you get a smooth lump free batter.
- If the batter looks very thick, add little bit of water to loosen it up. Mix well again.
- Do not overmix the batter, it will result to sunken cupcakes.
- Once batter is ready, using a ice-cream scoop of standard size (or 2 tbsp) start adding a scoop of batter in each cupcake liner.
- Tap the cupcake tray to release air bubbles.
- Bake cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Meanwhile to prepare the chocolate buttercream, in a bowl start beating softened butter for 8 to 10 minutes until it turns pale and looks whitish.
- Then add the icing sugar little by little to avoid mess and continue beating.
- Once all the icing sugar is used, add cocoa powder, vanilla extract , milk and beat the buttercream well until everything is combined.
- Cool the cupcakes completely before piping.
- You will need a piping bag and nozzle of your choice. Just put the nozzle in the piping bag, then fill it with frosting, snip off the tip and pipe designs of your choice on top of the cupcake.
Recommended To Buy: