What on earth can beat the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate? Nothing actually!! Ohh.. the thought of combining peanut butter and chocolate is salivating me already. Though I’m not a huge fan of peanut butter, I crave it when peanut butter befriends chocolate, trust me they taste amazing when blended.
I pin a lot, I love pinning and that is where I come across such wonderful recipes. Have a look at my pin collections on Pinterest and do not forget to follow me there!
So today’s recipe as you might have already guessed is all about peanut butter and chocolate. Chocolate peanut butter bars have been on my list since the day I first saw it on pinterest, I never thought they would be so simple to make. No baking, no complication, just few minutes for preparation and few hours waiting time to set, that is it, these are done.
These no bake bars are the easiest desserts to do, Ohh God! I never in my life thought these could be so simple plus you only need 5 ingredients! Yeah just 5 ingredients! I swear! And the ingredients are not very complicated, you may have them already at home and if you are a baking addict like me, I’m sure you have them(though these bars do not need baking).
I used low sugar digestive biscuit crumbs for the recipe, if you use sweet biscuits like marie biscuits, cut down the amount of confectioners powdered sugar according to your taste. It is recommended to use salted butter for the recipe which is easily available. Plus the use of creamy peanut butter is suggested. The use of chunky peanut butter should be avoided in this recipe. Now come the best part, use of chocolate, you may use milk chocolate chips or milk compound chocolate/baking chocolate. I used compound chocolate in the recipe. You can also use Dairy Milk
if you cannot find baking chocolate.
Cannot think of a dessert for a dinner party you are hosting tonight. Get into the kitchen and start making these right way. Be it kids, young, middle aged or older people, who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter! Make them to your kids and this will be a hit for them. Yes! these no bake bars are so powerful!
The recipe is totally a winner and I cannot think whether there are people on this planet who could disagree to the fact. Once you make these, I’m sure they wont last long as you keep going back to them until they are over. I’m also sure, once they are over, you’ll be fascinated to make them again and again for this entire lifetime.
- Digestive biscuit crumbs/any low sugar biscuit crumbs - 1 cup
- Confectioners powdered sugar/icing sugar - 1 cup
- Salted melted butter - ½ cup
- Peanut butter - ¾ cup + ¼ cup(to melt with chocolate)
- Milk chocolate chips/Milk compound chocolate - 170 gm/1 cup approx.
- Pulse the biscuits in a food processor to crumbs.
- In a bowl mix in confectioners powdered sugar and biscuit crumbs, combine well with a spatula.
- Now, melt the butter and pour in the above mixture(sugar+biscuit crumbs).
- Combine well and add ¾ cup peanut butter and mix well.
- Line a 9*9 inch square pan with aluminium foil.
- Press the prepared mixture in the square pan, spread it out evenly with a spatula or use your hands. Set it aside.
- Now take a bowl and add in the chocolate chips or the chopped compound chocolate and the ¼ cup peanut butter.
- Over a double boiler melt them together, you can also melt them in microwave. I prefer double boiler method.
- Once melted fully, pour in evenly on top of the peanut butter, sugar and biscuit mixture. Spread the chocolate layer evenly by moving the pan and let it set in the refrigerator for 2 hours minimum.
- I left it overnight because I made them at night before sleeping.
- Once done, take it out from the refrigerator and let it rest for few minutes and then slice into desired size and shapes.
- Store them in an airtight container for a week.
- If you want them to stay longer, freeze them.