Chocolate chip cookies are the most common in the drop cookie category. Now that I have already given a recipe for the basic chocolate chip cookies, let me advance it to the next level by giving you guys a recipe for double chocolate chip cookies. Like the name sounds, this recipe will have double the amount of chocolate if compared to a classic chocolate chip cookie.
Personally, I love these cookies more than the plain ones, the rich cocoa taste plus the chocolate chips provides that extra element of taste to these cookies. Who on earth doesn’t love chocolate and when you have a double dose of them into these cookies, anyone can hardly ignore them.
I have used egg whites in the recipe as I wanted my cookies to spread a bit. Egg whites also gives proper texture to the cookies. The end result is truly delicious wherein you’ll have a cookies with crunch on the outside and chewy inside, those bits of chocolate chips are the best part. The slight bitter taste from cocoa does the talking as well. For now, grab the recipe from below and try out the delicious cookies as soon as you can.
- Brown sugar - ½ cup
- Softened butter - ¼ cup
- Egg white - 1 (from one egg)
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Salt - a pinch (Do not add if using salted butter)
- Dark chocolate chips - ½ cup
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Line a baking tray with two layers of parchment paper and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg white and continue beating until combined well.
- Also add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now, sift in the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and start folding using a spatula.
- You will get a not very dry, not very wet dough but it will be sticky.
- At the end add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Take one teaspoon full of cookie dough and drop them two inches apart on the lined tray as they spread while baking.
- I took two teaspoon full of cookie dough because I wanted bigger cookies, you can do as you like.
- Now bake them for 8 to 10 mins at 180 degree celsius or until set. Keep a check and do not overbake.
- Once done, cool them in the tray for few mins and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack for complete cooling.
- Serve with a glass of chilled milk or have it as snack.
Connect with me on social media and if you are trying my recipes out, hashtag them as #thefoodkiosk or tag me on my Instagram account.