Who doesn’t like a fudgy chocolate brownie loaded with toasted walnuts, I don’t think there’s anyone. If you love cakes, brownie must be a favourite too, atleast for me it is because the texture of it is so different than regular cakes. A perfect brownie should be dense, rich and fudgy, most of which comes due addition of eggs. But these brownies are totally eggless and still have the perfect texture, that is because of a secret ingredient which makes them so rich and fudgy. I’m going to share the recipe for my perfect eggless chocolate brownies today and I’m sure you’ll love it.
Like I always say, I’m a hardcore non-vegetarian but when it comes to baking, I swear by eggless baking for some reason that I myself don’t know. After a lot of trial and error, I finally nailed these eggless brownies which are so so so good in both taste and texture, also this will never let you go back to brownie with eggs.
Well the secret ingredient that I was talking about is none of those ingredients which are commonly used in eggless baking like curd, condensed milk, bananas etc. So can you guess what is it! It Fresh Cream guys! yes, cream gives these brownies body and texture, makes it so fudgy and taste to die for. Now comes what cream to use, the regular Amul Fresh Cream works best for this recipe and its widely and commonly available here in India. Please avoid using those non dairy whipping creams (like Rich’s and Tropolite) in this recipe.
One more thing which contributes to making perfect brownies is to ensure that you use good quality cocoa powder. Preferably use the one from Cadbury’s or Hershey’s, even Weikfield is good but avoid using loosely sold cocoa powder. Adding melted chocolate is another option but for that we’ll have to change the entire recipe. If you want to see a recipe with melted chocolate, do write in the comments section below, also let me know if you try these brownies out.
- All Purpose Flour/Maida - 80g
- Butter - 80g
- Powdered Sugar - 80g
- Cocoa Powder - 15g
- Fresh Cream - 100g
- Baking Powder - ¼ tsp
- Vanilla Extract/Essence - 1 tsp
- Walnuts (divided) - 30g
- Line and grease a 6 inch square cake pan, keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius
- In a clean mixing bowl add in fresh cream and beat for a minute with a hand whisk.
- Then add cocoa powder and mix well with cream, it should be lump free.
- Now pour in melted butter and mix again.
- Add in powdered sugar and whisk until the mixture looks homogeneous.
- Then sift in all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Switch over to a spatula and fold in the dry mixture into wet ingredients.
- Lastly add vanilla extract, chopped walnuts and give one last mix gently.
- Pour batter in the prepared pan tap it twice to release all the air bubbles, also level the batter if needed.
- Top with some more chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Once done, insert skewer to check the doneness, the skewer must come out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store in a airtight container for about a week.