FIG & HONEY MILKSHAKE is a very nutritious as well as healthy beverage for summers. Though not very common in my location, I still love it. This is the first time that I tried my hand into this recipe and it came out really well. I still remember , during my stay in Bangalore, I would always order this at the juice corner. They served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream which of course is not used by me in my version of fig & honey milkshake. I couldn’t find fresh figs so I used dried figs for the recipe which is easily available in supermarkets in the dry fruits section. For me it doesn’t make a difference, I think dried figs taste even better. It also has the crunch and chewy texture in it.
FIG & HONEY MILKSHAKE RECIPE
Prep time – 5 mins
Cook time – Nil
Serves – 2 to 3
Category – Beverage
Dried figs – 7
Cold Milk (full cream preferably) – 2 cups
Honey – 2 tbsp
Brown Sugar – 1 tsp
Fresh Cream – 2 1/2 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Dried figs – 3
Ice Cubes (optional) – to serve
- Soak dried figs in warm water for at least 30 to 40 mins.
- Come back after 40 mins, discard the water and save the figs.
- The figs are now soft, chop them into pieces.
- In a blender throw in chopped figs, 1/2 cup milk, honey, brown sugar and fresh cream, blend it until a smooth paste is formed.
- Now, add the remaining 1 1/2 cups milk and vanilla essence, blend it again. VOILA!! Fig & Honey Milkshake is now ready 🙂 :D.
- Pour out in glasses and garnish with dried figs on top of the glasses.
- You can also add ice cubes (I did not). Chill it and serve immediately.
- You can also add bananas or dates in the milkshake which go well with figs. I may upload those recipes in future.
- Dry fruits can also be added in the recipe.
- Ice cubes are totally optional.
- If not in hurry, soak the figs for an hour at least. Softer the better :).
- Vegans who don’t consume cow’s milk can replace it with soy milk, coconut milk or almond milk.
- I use brown sugar for better taste and healthier version. If you don’t have it, just skip it, use normal sugar. Or you can also completely skip sugar to make it more healthy.
I served the beverage to guests and they loved it. Try it for sure and do not forget to share your views.