Don’t you love colors? Well, who doesn’t? I’m truly, madly and deeply in love with them. Colors make our life more enthusiastic and interesting. At least for me it does, and I believe it does for many.When we can dress colorful, why not eat colorful. Colors are eye-catching, so even if you don’t want to have something, the beauty of the food or drink makes you feel attracted towards it.
Still wondering, how can you eat color! Heard of FUNFETTI? if not, funfetti is nothing but small sugar sprinkles covered with edible color which are added to various desserts for decoration. You might have seen them on cakes, cookies, brownies, puddings etc. Why not try them in a smoothie, I did it today and it tasted amazing. So, next time you make a smoothie and your kid does not want to drink it, add and decorate the smoothie with funfetti or sprinkles, and then see your kid’s reaction.
I used frozen ripe bananas to prepare the smoothie which gave a smooth texture so I recommend it. The smoothie tastes like soft vanilla ice-cream. If you want you can skip our sugar. It is the easiest thing you can make, so what are we waiting for. Lets get started!
- Ripe and Frozen Banana - 1 (medium)
- Curd / Yoghurt - ¼ cup
- Milk - ¼ cup (any milk of your choice)
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract / Essence - 1 tsp
- Colored Sprinkles / Funfetti - as required
- Whip the frozen bananas in a blender until fully smashed.
- Add rest of the ingredients except sprinkles and blend until smooth.
- Pour out in a glass and add sprinkles as required.
- Stir gently.
- Garnish with more sprinkles and serve chilled.
2. Do not stir in the sprinkles vigorously, as the sprinkles discharge color.