Desserts are a vital part of my life, you may have realized it by now if you are a regular reader of my blog. I wish to own a dessert restaurant someday! Like seriously! Hahaha.. I know I should come back to ground now. Anyway what I have today is a dessert of course and a dessert very close to my heart because it is made up of Gulab Jamun which happens to be my favourite Indian sweet.
As you know, I always try to come up with some easy recipe, even today I followed the same track. This recipe doesn’t need any raw ingredients, just four eatables which you may have at home already. What you have to do is just assemble the trifle with leftovers or fresh ingredients. I had some left over semolina cake from yesterday and used the crumbs to assemble. I even had the gulab jamun and whipped cream, just made the custard according to package instructions.
I have always been fascinated towards jar desserts which have become widely popular off late. Never thought making these would be so simple, just few ingredients, assemble them in order and we are done. Make these for your kids or any social gathering at home or for any festival as this recipe gives an Indian touch too, just like I made these beauties on the occasion of Eid today.
- Sponge cake crumbs (any sponge cake will work) - ½ cup / as required
- Custard (made according to package instructions) - ⅔ cup / as required
- Gulab Jamun (cut in cubes) - 4 / as required
- Sweetened whipped cream - 1 cup / as required
- Arrange for trifle glasses /shot glasses/any see through glasses and start assembling the dessert.
- Start with pressing the cake crumbs as the first layer.
- Now use a piping bag to pipe out the custard, this will be the second layer.
- Then the third layer will be cubed gulab jamuns.
- The fourth layer is whipped cream.
- Repeat all the layers once more and you are done.
- Garnish with a gulab jamun slice on top of whipped cream.
- Refrigerate the trifles until you serve them.