Hi friends!! After few summer coolers I thought today is the time to upload a hot beverage recipe. As I sipped my evening tea today I fell in love with it like I do everyday so I thought why not share the recipe with my readers. I know many Indian readers would be thinking why is she teaching how to prepare tea because it is the most common daily beverage for Indian households and in India majority of the people know how to prepare it. But when I started the blog, I kept in mind that internet is the place where the whole world comes together. So, this recipe is for all my readers who are interested in learning how to make the Indian version of cardamom tea.Cardamom tea or elaichi chai is a sweet, milky, aromatic drink which is served hot and tastes best when perfectly brewed. The aroma and flavor of cardamom makes one feel alive. I cannot skip having tea even a single day. It is not just me, tea is the weakness for many Indians. Cardamom, which is a light green colored spice is among one of the most expensive spices in the world, these green pods have seeds inside them which do the magic actually. Cardamom tea also brings with it many benefits of health like boost in blood circulation, reduces hypertension, relieves headache, fixes all skin problems, protects and treats scalp etc., so all you girls out there start having cardamom tea and flaunt your gorgeous hair and skin 🙂 :). This tea is also commonly drank in the South Asian countries.
Prep time – Nil
Cook time – 8 to 10 mins
Serves – 2 to 3
Category – Beverage
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Milk(any store bought milk) – 2/3cup
Cardamom(split open) – 2 to 3 pods
Sugar – 3 to 4 tsp (leveled)
Loose tea leaves(non-flavored) – 2 tsp (heaped)
- Keep water on the stove and bring it to boil.
- Now, add tea leaves, cardamom and simmer for a minute.
- When you see the color has changed (this is called brewing), at this stage add the milk and sugar and let it come to a boil.
- Boil it till you get a beautiful color (as seen in the pictures uploaded by me) but do not let it boil for longer as it can taste bitter.
- Now switch off the stove and keep it covered for a minute.
- Pass the tea through a sieve to separate the tea leaves and pour them out in cups.
- Serve hot with biscuits. (I love tea best with marie biscuits.)
So what are you waiting for guys. Go, make yourself a cup of cardamom tea and I bet you cannot stop yourself from having it again and again. I hope to get positive responses from this recipe. BYE till I come back with a new recipe. XOXO !!!