Hi Friends!! So, as I promised to be regular in the smoothies category, I’m back today with another smoothie recipe which is both healthy and tasty. Its monsoon and pineapples are in season, and I have pineapple smoothies every year. So I thought why not share with my readers this year and here I am. Pineapples are also a secret to weight loss, which I came to know recently and was over joyed on hearing it. This fruit also helps in proper digestion of food and also has many added benefits. This smoothie is perfect for morning breakfast, I had it today and trust me, it is very refreshing. I’ve started loving smoothies more after I came across a blog named Sally’s Baking Addiction. She makes the perfect whip out of frozen fruits and really, and all of them taste amazing. After I got to know about these whips I always whip up some extra frozen fruits while making smoothies and store it for consuming later. So if you are on diet and you crave for ice-cream, these frozen fruit whips are the way to go, visit Sally’s Baking Addiction. Lets get back to the smoothie recipe, do note down the recipe and try it.
- Frozen pineapple chunks - 1 cup
- Frozen Bananas - ½ (chopped)
- Yoghurt / Curd - ½ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tbsp
- Ice-cubes - ½ cup
- Low fat / skimmed milk - ½ cup / as required
- Stevia sachets / Honey - 2 sachets / 1 tbsp [optional]
- Blend in pineapples, banana, curd/yoghurt, ice-cubes, milk, stevia sachets/honey and pulse the mixture until smooth. If you wish you can add more milk according to your desired consistency.
- Pour out in glasses, garnish with a pineapple chunk and serve chilled.
2. Sweetening the smoothie is optional, you can have it without adding honey or stevia.
3. If vegan, do not worry, replace milk with coconut milk and skip yoghurt/curd. Coconut milk goes very well with pineapple.