Hot Chocolate is known to be one of the ancient beverages in our planet. This beverage is said to be found by the pre-Columbian Maya civilization around 2000 years ago. During the 19th century hot chocolate was also used as medicine to cure certain liver and stomach ailments.
Later on hot chocolate was introduced in Mexico and then European countries. Today hot chocolate is very popular worldwide and has come up with many different variations. Today I’m going to share one such variation of hot chocolate recipe with my readers.
NUTELLA needs no introduction! Yes, Today I shall be sharing a hot chocolate recipe in which nutella is the hero. Nutella hot chocolate is a common beverage in European cafes and I found it out in Budapest where I had it for the first time and ordered it quite often during my stay there. This is my first try at home and the recipe came out amazing. This is a winter beverage basically but I can have it year long and I believe most of the people would agree with me. Infact having hot chocolate is a better option than evening tea!
This drink is a treat for kids plus its nutritious too. Also hot chocolate is good healthwise if one suffers from cold and cough. Do try the recipe and let me know how it came out. For now lets get started with the nutella hot chocolate recipe.
- Milk (any milk of choice) - 1½ cups
- Nutella - ¼ cup
- Fresh cream - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Cocoa powder - 1 tsp
- Chocolate syrup - 1 tbsp + little to garnish (I used Hershey's)
- Sugar - as required (optional) (I din't use)
- Chocolate chips - 2 tsp (to garnish)
- Whipped cream - 2 dollops (to garnish)
- In a saucepan add nutella, fresh cream, cocoa powder, chocolate syrup and stir on a low flame.
- Now slowly add milk, keep stirring until the whole milk is poured.
- Add a cinnamon stick at this stage.
- Mix well until you see lumps and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add sugar if needed. This step is optional.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, pass it through a sieve and collect the remaining liquid. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Pour out in glasses or cups and garnish with dollops of whipped cream, chocolate chips and drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
- Serve hot.