Bored of having the classic lemonade?? In that case I have got something interesting for you guys :). Today when I opened my refrigerator to just see what all fruits are available, I found something interesting, PEACHES. I took them out, thought for a while, researched a little bit and finally landed up with the idea, why not try out PEACH LEMONADE. Frankly speaking I am not a fan of peaches, that is the reason I invested a lot of time thinking how to use it. I never thought I will be sharing the recipe immediately, but the recipe came out so well that I could not resist sharing it. I was even not left with extra peaches to garnish the drink for photographing… hehehe 😀 . Still I decided to upload the recipe just now, moreover we do not find peaches very easily at our location.
PEACH LEMONADE RECIPE
Prep time – 3 to 4 hours
Cook time – 5 mins
Serves – 4
Category – Beverage
Peaches (roughly chopped) – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Lemon juice – 1/2 cup (I took juice of 4 medium sized lemons)
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Ice cubes – 2 cups (to serve on the rocks)
Thinly sliced peach fruit – 4 (I was left not with it for garnishing 🙁 )
- The first essential step of this recipe is to prepare a compote as peaches are not very sweet. So, here we combine water, sugar and roughly chopped peaches in a pan and let it boil. After it boils, simmer for 3 to 5 mins and then turn off the heat.
- This will not look like regular compote, it will be thinner than usual but do not worry, it is meant to be like that. Let it cool.
- When the mixture is cooled down, blend it in a food processor until all the peaches are crushed down and becomes smooth. Refrigerate the mixture for atleast three hours now.
- Come back after three hours, pass the mixture through a sieve and collect the entire liquid.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice into the strained liquid and stir well, Peach Lemonade is ready :D.
- Now, take serving glasses and fill them with ice cubes.
- Using a ladle fill the glass with prepared beverage.
- Serve with peach slices on top (I had to skip this step).
I know you have to do preparations for this recipe ahead of time, you may have to be patient for it. But trust me you will never regret it. The tangy taste, the twist to a classic lemonade can be very refreshing during summertime. Peach, my not so favorite fruit is definitely the hero of this recipe. Serve it for your house parties and amuse your guests. This is a must try for you this summer, do let me know what you think. Cya!!!