After two months of no blogging at all, I’m finally back on track. I had been travelling for a month and then I was busy with my first dessert making workshop and my new venture. These things kept me off blogging but I swear I was dying to get back because I missed blogging terribly and a break this long should be avoided in the future. Anyway, now that I’m back, I have some interesting recipes lined up so stay tuned my friends!
Chocolate cake has been spreading its charm through out the world since ages. A lot of variations have been tried and tasted and every chocolate cake tastes equally good because of the fact that it has chocolate within. But have you ever thought of replacing the base ingredient of a cake which is all purpose flour with some other flour or go one step healthier and still blow away people’s minds with the taste. Well, I came up with this dark chocolate cake using ragi flour and trust me, you won’t feel like having a normal chocolate cake after you eat this once.
On my last visit to a supermarket, I chose to go and check out the organic section. As soon I saw the flours bajra, ragi, jowar in that section, I picked them up without even thinking what can I make out of them. I came back home, pushed myself a little, and decided to make up a dark chocolate cake with ragi which came out beautifully and the taste was much appreciated by everyone who ate it.
So now I’m ready to share this awesome recipe with you guys and I hope it comes out as yummy as it did for me. I generally write recipes that are eggless but this is an egg recipe, not very sure how well comes out without using eggs. Moreover, the cake will be denser as ragi flour lacks gluten but chocolate lovers will rejoice the taste as melted dark chocolate goes in the recipe instead of cocoa powder so you get a overload of chocolate in your mouth when you first bite into it. Just follow the recipe below and devour!
- Dark Chocolate Compound / Dark Chocolate Chips – 100 gm
- Eggs - 2
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Ragi Flour – ½ cup
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Preheat oven to 110 degree celsius.
- Grease a 6 inch round tin with butter, dust the tin with little ragi flour and keep aside.
- Break dark chocolate compound into chunks and melt them over a double boiler. Keep aside and let it cool.
- In another bowl whisk eggs till light and fluffy. Add 1 tsp sugar at a time and whisk till well combined.
- Take another bowl, combine the melted chocolate with melted butter and mix well.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the egg and sugar mixture , whisk well.
- Sift together ragi flour and baking powder. Add 1 tsp at a time to the already prepared wet mixture and mix well using cut and fold technique.
- Do not over mix , just mix until you cannot see anymore flour. Also make sure there are no lumps.
- Now pour batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 150 degree celsius or until a skewer inserted in center of the cake comes out clean.