Hello friends!! Before I talk about today’s recipe let me talk a little about how TEA plays an essential role in my life. During my masters I used to share an apartment in Mumbai with my classmate Nikita who happens to be one of my closest friends now. I was never a tea addict until she entered my life. Trust me how I started craving for tea within a month. By the end of MBA, I became a complete tea addict. When I came back from Mumbai, summers were on and I used to avoid drinking hot tea but could not resist. By that time I realized that the TEA bug had hit me which is not very good health wise.
That is when I thought of trying cold recipes with tea during summers. Lemon Iced Tea is common and everyone knows about it but the recipe which I’m going to share today is not very common in India and also a healthy version which does not have sugar and is low fat.
I’m going to share a TEA SMOOTHIE/CHAI SMOOTHIE recipe today, I know many will be surprised because this may come as new thing for a lot of people but trust me try this for a change at least, tea lovers will love it for sure. This may be an ideal choice for breakfast or post workout smoothie. You can also have this smoothie as snack. And because this is a tea recipe I dedicate this post to Nikita, the wonder girl who made TEA an essential part of my life.
- Almond Milk - 1 cup (any milk of your choice can be used)
- Regular Tea leaves / Tea Bag - 1 tsp / 1 Tea bag
- Over ripe frozen Banana - 1
- Vanilla extract - ¼ tsp (I used homemade vanilla extract)
- Sugar free tablets / Stevia tablets - 2 (optional)
- Crushed ice - as required
- Heat almond milk on a stove, continue heating but do not boil it. Heat only until the milk is hot. It may take around 2 mins.
- Put tea bag in the milk and let it cool down. Refrigerate it for a while until chilled.
- Meanwhile peel and chop frozen bananas, add them in a food processor and blend until you get a smooth banana whip.
- Now, when tea flavour is properly infused in the almond milk, discard the tea bag.
- Add rest of the ingredients one by one in the same food processor i.e., tea infused almond milk, vanilla extract, sugar free / stevia, crushed ice and blend until smooth
- Pour out in cups or glasses and serve chilled.