Its summer and how can I forget watermelon, so today I am going to share the recipe for a watermelon cooler which my mother often prepares. This is definitely a much needed beverage for the season as watermelon has high water content in it and also contributes to many health benefits. This is a seasonal fruit so I try making it very often during summers which will also keep you hydrated.
WATERMELON COOLER RECIPE
Prep time – 8 to 10 mins
Cook time – Nil
Serves – 3 to 4
Category – Beverage
Watermelon – 4 cups (cut into cubes)
Chilled water – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – 3 to 4 tbsp (I used juice of 2 small lemons which was nearly 4 tbsp)
Sugar – 1 tbsp (if needed)
Mint leaves – 6 to 8
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Chat masala – 1/2 tsp
Aamchur powder/ dry mango powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon wedges – 4 to 5 (to garnish)
Mint leaves – 3-4 (to garnish)
Ice cubes – to serve
- Blend in all the ingredients together except the garnish items in a food processor.
- Then strain out the mixture, collect the remaining liquid and let it chill in the refrigerator.
- Before serving give it a good stir and pour out in glasses.
- Now, garnish with lemon slices/wedges and mint leaves.
- Serve chilled, if you wish you can serve on the rocks using ice-cubes.
Please try this at home and I am sure you will love it. The combination of sweet, salty and tangy refreshes me whenever I have it on a hot sunny day. Do mention in your comments if you like it.