I could not get over Nutella Hot Chocolate that I shared the other day. So I thought why not try something else from the hot chocolate family. Authentically there is only one kind of hot chocolate but variations in recipes are very common these days.
I actually never thought about WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE until I had it at Starbucks once, trust me its worth trying! When I came back from Mumbai, suddenly one day I was craving for the white hot chocolate but sad! there is no Starbucks out here in my hometown. That is when I began to hunt for this recipe on internet, and came across lots of recipes but then I wanted a simple and easy to prepare recipe which I finally found on the website known as GIMME SOME OVEN. This website has amazing recipes.
I used the recipe but not completely from Gimme Some Oven, I did make changes and yes, my version is easy and a no fail recipe for sure! I made it for the 4th time today and as usual it came out yummy as ever! No less than Starbucks, so why shed out money when you can make it at home in a matter of few simple steps. Please try it and let me know what you think. For now let us get started with the WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE!
- Milk (any milk of choice) - 2 cups
- Fresh cream - ½ cup
- White compound chocolate / white chocolate chips - 112gms / 4 oz.
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Whipped cream - as required (to garnish)
- White chocolate shavings - to garnish
- Funfetti sprinkles - to garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan add white chocolate(chopped) or white chocolate chips, fresh cream (I used Amul), milk and heat on a low flame until chocolate melts.
- Add vanilla essence at this stage.
- Keep stirring and bring it to a boil.
- Now pour out the white hot chocolate in cups or glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream, white chocolate shavings, funfetti sprinkles and serve hot immediately.
Recipe Credits : GIMME SOME OVEN